Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday Thank You, belated once again

My thank you is going out to Facebook, for helping me reconnect with dear friends and letting me grow to know and love my family more.  My sister wrote about something similar in January on her blog. I am glad that Facebook lets me stay in touch easily with the people that I love.

I'm trying to do these thank yous on Thursdays because Thursdays are sort of a "wrap up" day for me. It's the last day of my four ten work schedule and I tend to write many decisions from the week prior, then prepare for my class the next day. I'm usually tired and ornery, so thinking about what I am thankful for is a good exercise on such days. However, I don't always have enough energy when I get home to actually post my thank you. So, these will likely always be belated.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda, I enjoy your book lists. We must have similar taste in books. I also recently finished "Outlaws of Sherwood", although I found it a bit dry. I very much enjoyed "Survival of the Sickest." I want to read "1491" as I just finished "The Lost City of Z" about lost Amazon explorer Percy Fawcett. Just picked up "Picking Cotton" at the library which promises to be interesting and timely. The only drawback to reading is that when I get into a book, everything moves down the list of priorities, and I neglect some things I shouldn't. But I enjoy it so. Love you, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Outlaws of Sherwood. I had to read several sentences twice. The deja vu was enjoyable though - I read the book when I was very young and reading it again made me remember those younger days! I loved 1491. Love you too, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete