Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pondering blogging again . . .

So clearly I haven't blogged in a very long time. I've been following My5wmd's advice and letting the blog serve me by basically not doing anything with it. I have many thoughts that I think I should write down, but then I just let those thoughts just float on down the stream. And I kind of like it that way.  Because if I focus on how I would put my thoughts into a blog post, I totally lose contact with that present moment of thought.

I think it's like how carrying a camera around can totally focus your attention while simultaneously making you miss everything that's not on the camera viewer. The other night Shane, the boylios and I walked over to Liberty Park. I brought our camera and my phone (which has a camera). At one point I got so immersed playing with camera settings and snapping pics, I lost track of my family, who had continued walking on. And I noticed I was focused on the pictures I was taking, instead of the sunset itself. So I put the camera away. Still got some awesome photos though:


I like the light on the water in this one

Changing the setting brings out the rose tones

Here the settings make the picture look like it was taken right at dusk


Of course, even though I'm not blogging, I still facebook constantly (as all of you who follow me already know). So maybe there's not really time in my life for both. Hmmm . . . 

1 comment:

  1. I almost fainted. A blog post from Amanda! What's 8 months between posts, anyway? I just like the way your write :-)

    ReplyDelete